Birmingham City Council collect refuse from domestic properties on the same day once a week. There are different collection days across Selly Oak, with most of Bournbrook being every Wednesday for instance. To find out exactly when your collection day is enter your postcode or address here.
Collections happen every day across the City, Monday to Friday, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day in which case collections will take place the following week. The large containers you see placed around the streets of Bournbrook are also emptied at least once a week, more frequently if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Are the refuse collectors allowed to take other items such as cardboard boxes?
- The crews can take small items left out with your bin bags. If it is a cardboard box it can be put out for collection by the paper collection crews. For the collection of larger items please go to our bulky waste collection page or see our recycling pages for information on organisations who will take it away and reuse it.
– Are the refuse collectors supposed to clear up any spilt refuse after collection?
- The crews are instructed to clear up any mess that may occur when they collect the rubbish. To avoid this happening please do not overfill the bags, tie them up and do not put out in advance of collections this will avoid vermin getting in and ripping the bags open.
– What time are the refuse collectors supposed to start/finish?
- The crews start at 6am so their finishing times will vary according to the amount of work they need to do to finish the round.