Properties without security measures in place are more likely to be burgled than those with simple security measures. The majority of burglars are opportunists who gain entry into your home through an open door or window. Top tips on preventing burglaries:
- Keep all windows and doors locked and secure.
- Keep your side gate locked.
- Keep valuable items, such as laptops and mobiles, away from external view.
- Keep keys out of sight and in a safe place, do not leave keys in locks.
- Make sure you have strong doors and windows – talk to your landlord if you have any concern.