Fire Service respond to student house-fire caused by Hanukkah candles

West Midlands Fire Service are advising students to be careful with candles, especially during the Hanukkah period following a house-fire at a student halls of residence in Edgbaston.  Students left the candles unattended and despite the damage, fortunately no one was injured.  

Local fire officers are asking students to be careful when using candles and there are some useful tips and advice available at http://www.wmfs.net/content/candle-safety.  You can also follow the Bournbrook Fire Station Twitter feed for news and updates – https://twitter.com/Bournbrookfire (and link on Love Selly Oak Home Page).

 

Candles_Hanukah

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s