Look out for your new wheeled bin being delivered on Thursday 31st January and Friday 1st February with the first wheeled bin collections taking place from Wednesday 6th February.
Why is the area getting new household bins?
- It is in response to the long-term concerns of local residents and to improve the cleanliness of the area.
- We will review the new collection method after three months.
Who are getting these bins?
- Dawlish Road, Tiverton Road, Hubert Road, Teignmouth Road, Exeter Road and Dartmouth Road will receive the new bins. This is specific to your area and not to be confused with any other waste management pilot programmes in the city.
What size is the new bin?
- If you live in a house of multiple occupancy (e.g. student flats or housing) you will receive a 360 litere bin (equivalent to 4.5 black sacks).
- A smaller 180 litre bin is available for those residents who would prefer it (equivalent to 2.25 black sacks), see contact details below.
Benefits of your new household waster collections:
- Reduces untidy front garden problems.
- Safe from animals tearing black sacks open.
- Helps keep the streets clean.
- Your new wheeled bin is for all household waste apart from paper and cardboard.
How often and when?
- The weekly waste collection on Wednesday will not change.
- Fortnightly paper recylcing collections and garden waste will not change.
- Due to low take up of mixed recylcling in the area, plastic bottles, tins and glass will not be collected from Wednesday 6th February. We have improve the street-based recylcing centres – Wheeled Bins_Map & Useful Info_Jan2013.
All we ask is if you could please:
- Leave your bin at the point of storage but clearly visible and accessible for collection.
- Keep your bin clean.
- Use your existing blue or green recylcling boxes for cardboard and paper only for fortnightly collections from Wednesday 6th February.
- Take your glass, cans and plastic bottles to the local recylcing facilities shown on the map – Wheeled Bins_Map & Useful Info_Jan2013
If you do not receive, lose or damage your wheeled bin or need a replacement paper and cardboard recycling box, please contact:
- liffordcustomer firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0121 303 6926
For updates on collections and recycling, please visit:
Or follow us on Facebook and Twitter: