The free Birmingham City Council app for iPhone and all other web enabled smart phones is now available. A couple of councils in the UK have already got apps however this is the first app of its kind which is fully integrated and enables people to report a problem on their phone which then automatically generates a job for officers in the back office.
Currently included in the ‘report it’ portion of the app the top 10 most requested services (with the exception of Housing Repairs) are covered and providing it becomes a success more options will follow.
Using this app you can:
- Browse council jobs
- Find and get directions to any leisure centre, library, school, museum, or household recycling centre in the city
- Keep up with BCC news and any disruption to services
- Get contact details for your councillor
- Check school term dates
- Report a problem with rubbish bags or recycling boxes
- Request street cleaning
- Report faulty street lights and street name plates
- Request rubbish bags and recycling boxes if you are a new occupier
- Report dumped rubbish (fly-tipping)
- Report a missed rubbish collection
- Report a pot hole
For iPhone users search for “Birmingham City Council” in the app store.
For non-iPhone users use the following link to download / access the app.
The app is rubbish the top story is 19hrs old that’s history
Thanks for the feedback regarding the app. If you could supply us with some more details, and if you would be happy for us to pass on to our partners in Birmingham City Council, we would really appreciate that.